Valve Technician Job Description:
The Valve Technician jobs performing maintenance, assessment, repair, and testing on various types of industrial valves.
Work Experience: 4-5 years
Industry: Oil & Gas
Salary: $20.00 – $35.00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for repair and testing of various valves, including but not limited to ball valves, gate valves, safety relief valves, etc.
- Perform disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring, reassembly and testing of valves at facilities and client locations.
- Follow all schematics and documented procedures in accordance with all Quality Control and ASME National Board standards that apply to the job.
- Thoroughly complete all calibration and documentation associated with testing and repairs.
- Travel to job sites and adhere to all site safety and performance requirements.
- Communicate timely updates to management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Works closely with co-workers, management and safety coordinator to ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently.